PT-EP14 + PPO-EP02 and Panasonic 7-14

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

erbedo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi, as the thread title says, is it possible to use the Panasonic 7-14 with the Olympus OMD E-M1.2 housing (PT-EP14) and the standard dome port (PPO-EP02)? I can't find any information, probably because it's a panasonic lens. Is anyone using this combo? With what zoom ring adapters?

What lens is used in the standard dome port?, from this you can then go to other port charts to see if the panasonic lens needs more or less extension than the lens the the port is designed for. It appears the port is for the 8mm f1.8 fisheye. If you go to the Zen port chart: http://www.jaredparsons.com/portchart/zen-only/by-combination-group/nauticam-n85/

you will see that the 170mm dome with no extension is used with the fisheye lens, however the the Panasonic lens requires a 30mm extension, so unless you can source an extension ring, no.

Have a look at the olympus system chart:: https://www.olympus.com.au/getattac...r-Case/Headline/000085635.pdf.aspx?lang=en-AU

it shows a combination for the 12-40mm lens. I use the 12-40mm lens on Nauticam in the same port as the 7-14, so you should be able to use that combination for the 7-14mm lens with no problem. The zoom gear is another problem all together, Athena appear to make one but not sure it will fit your housing. (Athena ZG/7-14-EP05 Zoom Gear for Panasonic 7-14mm ) You may need to get one printed. So much easier with a nauticam housing!

The port listed is an e- series port I believe and is still available, it looks to be a 6" port which should give better corners than the port you listed which seems to be about 4.5" port.

The Pana 7-14 should fit in length since my setup fits both the 12-40 and the oly 7-14. I was far more concerned with the zoom ring, which seems to be quite rare and expensive. Probably it would be better to adapt the oly 7-14 zoom ring.

It will fit physically, but won't be in the right position optically, if you don't get that right the quality in the corners of the image will suffer. The smaller dome means that even with the dome properly positioned the corners will not be as sharp, that problem will add on to the issue with incorrect placement.

For the zoom gear google is your friend, I used that again and found this: Deepshots Panasonic 7-14 Zoom Gear

It claims to also work with olympus housings - but I would ask if it works with yours as there are two different port systems for olympus.

Lol, forget what I said. I don't have the PPO-EP02, but I have the PPO-EP04 instead with all the adapters, my mistake.

I'm considering trying the Samyang 8mm fisheye for a low cost possibility (would come used under 200 euro). Otherwise, I think that I'll cut the hassle and go directly to an Olympus legacy solution.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom