public boat ramp for venice beach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

iamsharky

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Which boat ramp is the closest and best for accessing the fossil beds of venice beach??

thanks,

I believe it would be the one at the Train Depot. It's a pretty easy run up and out past the jetis.

iamsharky- are you thinking of taking your boat out to the boneyard? I haven't taken mine yet, but I'm hoping to find a day for that soon.

For those who have dived the boneyard before- are there buoys? Or do you just anchor?

thanks!

closest is the one by yacht club on way 2 south jetty, bad parking situation though. The one by albee bridge in nokomis is good

iamsharky- are you thinking of taking your boat out to the boneyard? I haven't taken mine yet, but I'm hoping to find a day for that soon.

yes, i have been on a charter before and am going to take my own boat and dive the yard.

thanks everyone for the info!

For those who have dived the boneyard before- are there buoys? Or do you just anchor?

thanks!

no, just anchor up

OK, Nevermind... I got off my lazy butt, did a search, and found several sets of GPS coordinates! So I'll share them here for the next guy who's looking for them:

N27 05.0728 W82 28.0838
N27 05.0715 W82 28.0853

N27 05.005 W82 27.844
N27 05.050 W82 28.004
**Disclaimer- I have never been to any of these coordinates to verify. I'm only compiling the info from other threads!**

I did see the Google Earth location off Golden Beach that other members referred to, but I sure couldn't make out enough detail to identify which boat was out there! How did you guys read that!?

Last edited:
you dont really need numbers, most people stay between the venice public beach and the pier. Id say just south of the 2 large condos that are identical between 23-30 ft is your best bet

Coordinates aren't needed..more than likely, if they're published, they're over-dove. Get about a mile off shore from venice beach, drift for a bit, toss an anchor and have fun :)

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom