Public safety diver hiring?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have no idea but it seems like the Sheriff's team is always who is finding drowned boaters at Lake Pleasant. That could be partly jurisdictional also.

And the few divers over the years also.

Whether the other PS teams have divers is something I'm not familiar with.

I was just suggesting one place you could find a job since that was your original question.

That's the extent of my knowledge on the subject in this area.
I was going to go the sheriff route at one point but decided I'd rather be a firefighter/paramedic

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

+1 on learning more about being a PSD... whole different ball of wax. My team does it's training with Dive Rescue International and they require you to already be a member of a public safety agency to receive training from them. Can't speak for the other certifying agencies but you may need to get hired on by a fire department first or join a volunteer team. The good news for you is that you already have an OW c-card and DRI has a crossover program that lets you shortcut quite a bit of the PSD certification requirements... You'll need to score a 12 on the IADRS watermanship test, pass the PSD final exam and conduct 1 skin dive and 2 OW dives with a PSSI where you will demonstrate your buoyancy control on the bottom, in the water column and on the surface as well as several scuba skills.

If you are serious about this (trust me when I tell you it's not for everyone) I'd start by looking for a local volunteer team unless you are already employed by a Fire Department.

Maybe because that is the recreational divers route of courses, if it were me, I would go the Pro route! Become certified as a dive master minimum, or better yet instructor. They have crash courses in Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crash courses in anything are never as good as a real deal. And when doing dives that are technically demanding, the last thing you want is half-assed training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom