Public Safety Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubadawg

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering how many Public Safety divers we have on this board. I am part of the Mid-County Rescue/Recovery team here in Mid-missouri.(lake of the ozarks).

Scubaddawg:saver:

Wise County Sheriff's Department (Texas) Dive Team Commander. Lake Bridgeport is our primary blackwater lake, great for PSD training and little else.

Our team is responsible for both evidentiary recovery/searches (evidence to be used in a criminal case), vehicle recovery (when someone lets their car roll into the lake, usually while trying to launch a boat), and victim recovery.

Dive year round, did a vehicle pull in February, it was 38 degrees. Dry suit/FFM solo-tethered is the norm.

I am Team Leader of the North Central Indiana Scuba Equipment Recovery Team.

Just kidding:D

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
I am Team Leader of the North Central Indiana Scuba Equipment Recovery Team.

Just kidding:D

You don't by chance hang out under the docks at gilboa waiting for gear to drop do ya????

Big-t-2538 once bubbled...

You don't by chance hang out under the docks at gilboa waiting for gear to drop do ya????

No...For all the divers I see at Gilboa that don't look like the're going to make it back I have a special slate that says..."I'll Come Back For Your Equipment!"

I'm got my Rescue Diver from PADI many years ago, and I can tell you that it was really good!!! I guess that I can say that was my best experience in recreational diving...

well I guess, I fall into that group .
I am the captain of the local rescue and dive team for the county of Moore in NC.
jobs responsiability whats that I thought, we just dove and looked for stuff for no reason never mind the visability is none and cold as heck , oh and they want photo's of something you cant see but feel dang why me !!!!!!!!!!!

We went to a Undisclosed Location last year and meet up with a few individuals that were on there way to do a night dive..2 of them were Heavily intoxicated one of them was just certified that day the other 2 said they were AOW cert so they would take care of them if some thing happened . I told them we a part of a Rescue/Recovery team and that we would be sitting at the campfire if they needed to recover a body or two.

This is what i give people that are too stupid to think about what they are about to do

*They got lucky they all came back*

http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/other/prdf.htm

Scubbadawg

Scubaddawg once bubbled...
We went to a Undisclosed Location last year and meet up with a few individuals that were on there way to do a night dive..2 of them were Heavily intoxicated one of them was just certified that day the other 2 said they were AOW cert so they would take care of them if some thing happened . I told them we a part of a Rescue/Recovery team and that we would be sitting at the campfire if they needed to recover a body or two.

This is what i give people that are too stupid to think about what they are about to do

*They got lucky they all came back*

http://www.cisatlantic.com/trimix/other/prdf.htm

Scubbadawg

Good one Scubaddawg but do you find that you spend much time explaining the release in detail or are they usually too stupid and just sign them? :drown:

Back
Top Bottom