Puck Pro Plus - No Deco Dive went into 24 Desat Bottom Timer Mode

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rob9876

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My son and I both were both diving with our Mares Puck Pro Plus computers yesterday and something odd happened. After we surfaced from our dive (55 minutes, max depth 63 feet, average depth 47 feet, on 21% air), both of our computers were in 24 hour Desat and Bottom Timer mode, and the bar graph at the bottom showed our Nitrogen maxed out. However, I don't believe we went into Deco, and we did the normal 3 minute safety stop as shown on the Puck, and the Log entry for the dive states "No Deco", which if it were a Deco dive the Log would show "Deco". Even 6 hours after our dive the Nitrogen bar graph was still showing maxed out. Both computers are set to P-0 (least conservative) setting.

This was in a quarry we've been in a good bit, and have had similar dives with nothing like this happening. We double checked the dive tables, and it didn't seem to make sense that we'd be locked in Desat. We thought about doing a 2nd dive using tables, but decided to err on the side of caution and follow our computers and not do our 2nd dive.

Is this a glitch in the software?

Back
Top Bottom