Puerto Aventuras OW/AOW Recommendation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DivingChipmunk

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

We are still planning our Thanksgiving trip to Rivieria Maya, and have narrowed it down to Puerto Aventuras.

Below are the dive ops we are considering for my niece's OW (13 years old) and ourAOW:
1) Dive Aventuras. We've seen some good review about them on the board, but their website does not mention AOW. I
2) Dressel Divers (inside Barcelo).
3) Pro Dives (inside Dream and Catalonia). We've seen some bad review on it from the board and have decided not to use them.

If you have recent experience with any of them, esp on OW or AOW, we would appreciate it if you can share with us. Also, we need an AI resort (for the sake of other noon-divers in the family trip) and if you have any wisdom to share on those in the area, we would also love to hear.

Thanks again for all the help from the board!

Sue

I've got my OW with Dressel Divers in May at the Iberostar Paraiso and I would recommend them. Iberostar Paraiso Lindo where we stayed is a really nice AI resort as well. If you end up going there, I can recommend you a couple of great instructors. I don't know much about Dressel at Barcelo though. You can also pay in advance for the OW/AOW with Dressel to get a 20% discount.

Dive Aventuras absolutely does AOW. Highly recommended, fantastic operation. I have used the other companies at other locations and this is a "No Brainer", in my opinion.

Dive Aventuras absolutely does AOW. Highly recommended, fantastic operation. I have used the other companies at other locations and this is a "No Brainer", in my opinion.

DA can teach the entire suite of certifications, up to and including cave.

Great facility, right at the Omni for pool use, right at the Marina for ease of access to the ocean. Very professional staff, on-site equipment repair.

Back
Top Bottom