Puerto Rico: BWS Downsize

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KP3S

Contributor
Reaction score
Isabela, Puerto Rico, 3 miles from the Atlantic Co
# of dives
200 - 499
Blue Water Scuba closed the La Parguera Operation and the boat has been moved to the Ponce location, South Puerto Rico. Blue Water has another store in the Metropolitan area in Bayamón. I have no idea where Victor and Rosanna will be but maybe they will be at the Ponce store. Jesus, the owner told me that they will have boat trips from Ponce to Caja De Muertos Island (Coffin Island) among others dive sites off Ponce.

Attachments

• map-new.gif
    map-new.gif
    55.6 KB · Views: 437
Last edited:
Wow. I thought BWS just opened there based on their web site. That's sad because La Parguera is a beautiful area. I will be there between Christmas and New Years, this time with Paradise Scuba/Snorkeling.

I still need to ask Jesus if this is just for the holiday season or is for good, the rash of bad weather on the island is making lots of boat ops to cut down on expenses and letting go employees until the economy recovers. Since we are in off season for tourist every LDS and boat ops are having a hard time, that is the reason I started my page to help them out by channeling divers by having all the information in one place. I am not making any money out of the website, the only reward is that I get a better discount on certain items, boat trips and free air fills. :)

The information that I have is that Blue Water Scuba has closed the La Parguera Operation for good but I am not authorized to say the real why. They are going to provide service in Ponce and the Metro area only.

Well that means I will no longer use BWS..... They were the best in La Parguera so I will have to take our buisness and my friends to another location. La Parguera is way better than Caja De Muertos Island (Coffin Island).

Back
Top Bottom