Puerto Rico - only one day - for a beginner diver?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ls1dreams

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi all,

My work is sending me to San Juan for a few days, but I have the opportunity to fly in a bit early (Friday afternoon), and take the day Saturday to explore.

Accounting for:

(a) drive time, and
(b) the fact that I'm only a beginner diver (17 dives with AOW, not that the AOW means much)

Where would you head? La Parguera seems to be recommended the most, but it's a 2 hour drive, and honestly a really deep wall dive with no bottom intimidates me a bit.

Fajardo seems like an interesting option only an hour away and seems to be easier, but I'm not sure if the diving will be boring. (My most recent trip was the great barrier reef).

Where would you head that's a good balance of good quality diving, appropriate for a beginner, and not terribly remote to get to since I only have 1 free day?

it's an average shallow dive, in typically murky conditions but it's close. Escambron Marine Park

I haven't dove it but you\ can find videos.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom