Puerto Vallarta Dive Operators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cburdick1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,

My wife are going to be in PV at the end of June (w/o kids - yay). I've read most of the threads about PV diving and it appears that Puerto Vallarta Ocean Tours gets the most consistent positive reviews.

Are there any other dive shops in PV that I should consider?

I appreciate your replies.

-CB

I would second the recommendation for PV Ocean Tours. Marc and Alun are great to dive with. We were lucky enough to spot some Mantas while we were diving with them.

Cool, thanks. We have booked two morning dive trips with them. Will post review and video after our trip.

I went with Vallarta Adventures. I really liked their operation, but have to warn you -- if you are experienced, bring your own light. On several of the dives the guides separated relative novices into one group, and others (divemasters, instructors, professionals, etc.) into another. The first group got an easy tour of the reef, the second one went through a series of caverns. I was okay with that, but we really needed more lights.

Hi Everyone, Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate your replies. I'm going to have to apologize to Jason and Ali as I neglected to pass along your hellos to Mark. We did two, 2 tank dives with PV Ocean Tours this week, both days were excellent and we saw seahorses, tones of stonefish and eagle rays galore.

PV Ocean Tours is a tight operation, Mark is a great divemaster and we will certainly dive with them again. I plan on writing up a significantly longer review and posting it to the forum once I have some more time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom