Puerto Vallarta diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KidK9

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey all what's goin' on, I'm new here so I thought I'd leech some good advice. Is there good diving in Puerto Vallarta? My g/f wants to go there and do some diving, but I'm in a debate with her that we should go to Stingray City. She's a new diver, as am I. I've only been to Ocho Rios, Jamaica, and just got back today from Key Largo. Got to see the Christ of the Abyss - good stuff.

I dove with Silent World Divers. They have 2 boats. The first, no good at all. But the second boat's crew was ok. Also, the dive masters never went under on either boat. Thought that was strange.

Hi KidK9,

Might want to read the Puerto Vallarta post directly beneath yours & the one about 2/3rds of the way down the board page.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

As I stated in my post PV was OK but anywhere in the Caribbean is probably better.

Scuba diving in Puerto Vallarta is good ,if you like to sea bigger sea life such as giant mantas ,sea turtles,surgeon fish,jacks and tunas.As well you have to consider the different times of the year since conditions change drastically.for example the water is warm and the visibility is great from May till November with water reaching 85 F and 120 ft .vis,from Dec.to april it is considered winter time and the water gets clear past 50 ft depht.temp.70 F

Also the water is more rough with N winds making it hard to get to some of the sites in the winter time,but most of the time bad weather blows by in a day or two.
Summer time conditions are calm

More info.

http://www.vallartadivers.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom