Pullover gloves - what are options for the gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ryebrye

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My drysuit doesn't have zipseals, just glued in latex seals.

I'm thinking of getting the pullover rings from DRIS ( these ones: Si Tech Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings | Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL )

I've seen some other old threads where the gloves you put over them have been described as "basically thick dishwashing gloves" - where do you get your gloves? Are they literally thick dishwashing gloves or do you have to look for something specific when you get them?

Look for unlined rubber chemical resistant gloves. They need to have stretch.

Showa 55

How thick should they be? I see Showa 55 are 40mm thick?

Is 22mm ok? I'm assuming there's a trade-off between dexterity and durability when it comes to glove thickness?

How thick should they be? I see Showa 55 are 40mm thick?

Is 22mm ok? I'm assuming there's a trade-off between dexterity and durability when it comes to glove thickness?
Anything stretchy enough to pull over the rings is very very thin. Get the thickest ones that you can actually pullover the rings if you want them to survive even looking at a barnacle.

...I see Showa 55 are 40mm thick?

The Showa 55 gloves are not 40mm thick, they are 40mils thick.

1mil is .001 (one-thousandth) of an inch or .0254mm.

40mils is @ 1mm thick.

How thick should they be?...

They should be as thick as you desire.

Consider the environment you will use them in and what activities you will use them for. If you are just drifting along the ocean in the water column then you might find thinner to perfectly fine. If you are penetrating a wreck or doing something like scraping barnacles off the bottom of a boat, you might want something thicker.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom