Pumpkin Carving at Natural Springs Resort

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jendra

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It's time for the Annual IDC pumpkin carving contest. If you thought pumpkin carving was only for above water, then you haven't done it IDC style!!

When:
Saturday, October 22th at 1:00pm.

Where:
Natural Springs Resort, New Paris Ohio.
NSR is an easy drive on 70 East approximately 75 miles from Indy.
Natural Springs Resort
937-437-5771

Who:
Indy Dive Club members, other divers, friends, & family.

The Rules:
Pumpkins should be hollowed out ahead of time as we don't want to make a big mess.
No stencils.
Pumpkins will have to pass a "tech inspection" but if you want to keep decorations and accssories as a surprise that is allowed.
You may carve and decorate with anything that you can "safely" carry with you underwater (no explosives, machetes, etc.). Carving is NOT limited to dive knives : - )
You are allowed to carve as a buddy team or individually.
Voting will commence as soon as all the pumpkins are declared "finished" no later than 2:00-2:30.
Anyone present at that time can vote, not limited to but including: Divers, friends, family, casual observers and anyone that can be bribed
Votes will be tabulated and "awards" of questionalble value will be presented to the 1st, 2nd & 3rd place pumpkins.
Winners will have bragging rights for all eternity.

Food:
There will be a carry in that starts at noon and if anything is left we can munch on it after the pumpkin voting has finished. Please bring a dish that you can share with the group.

Camping:
NSR is very popular with campers, especially on their Halloween weekends in October. If you are planning to make a weekend of it please make your reservations now. Currently all electric sites are booked. They only have rustic campsites available. We have reserved 5 rustic campsites that are together under the IDC name. They only have 9 rustic sites still available. You can claim one of those sites by making your reservations by calling them at 937-437-5771 and tell them you are with the Indy Dive Club group.

If you plan to camp be sure to take a lot of candy as the little campers may come trick or treating and you will not want to be caught empty handed.

Other Stuff in no particular order of importance:
Meet at the area by the scuba shack.
NSR is shallow; October water temps have usually been in the low 60's.
The viz can be good or awful!
There are several places good for carving: platforms, rocky areas, the boat.
Lots of parking.
Easy entry to the water.
Admission is $17 and that includes an airfill!
There are "real" restrooms.

Directions:
We are located just off Interstate I-70 at the Ohio/Indiana border. bullet Heading WEST on I-70, take the first exit after going under the Ohio ARCH Indiana exit 156b. bullet Heading EAST, the last Indiana exit 156b is your choice. Follow the exit directly onto US 40 and travel through the first stop light to the first "flashing yellow" light at SR 320. Turn left on SR 320 and travel approximately 1 mile into the village of New Paris. We are located on the left side of the road, just past the Sunoco gas station. We look forward to seeing you!!

Are you going to join us again Dave??

Jen, I hope so! I have not been to NS since June and that is WAY too long. I have it literally written on my calendar. Hopefully nothing else gets in the way.

Always have fun with you Indy divers.

Jen,

Will get there around noon, maybe earlier.

Have prior AM commitment.

Good seeing you at the Meet and Greet!:cool2:

Dave,
Glad you will be joining us this weekend at NSR! It's always great seeing and diving with you too!

Anyone else joining us at NSR???

Thanks to the Indy club for a great day of diving. World class hospitality.

Water was a cold 54/55 degrees. Thankfully the sun was out!

Viz was at 15 feet. Better at the trench.

Excellent air fill service from Terry at SODA.

Hope to see you all again in the spring.:cool2:

Dave.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom