Put a deal down on a condo in cayman brac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divezonescuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hope I don’t regret it.

I realize that it will never pay for itself. We plan on short term rentals until retirement. In the meantime we will send people down from the shop.

Hope I don’t regret it.

I realize that it will never pay for itself. We plan on short term rentals until retirement. In the meantime we will send people down from the shop.

That's wonderful news, congratulations! I hope that you are celebrating tonight!

I own in Boynton Beach Florida, I get there round trip for a few hundred dollars :), and it's in the US. I dive there nearly every month unless I'm doing something else

Hope I don’t regret it.

Congratulations! You won't regret it. We did same on Grand Cayman. We use it the entire high season, plus a few weeks in the off-season, and the off-season rentals pay for all of the out-of-pocket costs. I think we even made a few bucks this year. And the appreciation makes up (well, so far) for the opportunity cost of tying our money up in a vacation condo. And if you leave most of what you need down there, it is great to jump on a plane with just a backpack and be on the beach in a few hours. And you will get to reconnect with every relative and friend you didn't know you had.

I agree - the advantage of having a bunch of stuff that can be left there is awesome. I also now have a guy who services my gear there, too.

I do most of my diving in Cayman recently, by choice.

How cool! I'd love to know details as well. I'm thinking of doing something similar, either Maui or perhaps USVI. (Health issues with a child mean staying in the USA.)

Deal may fall thru.

The contract specifies securing funding in 3 weeks. Realtor says the bank on Cayman Brac often takes 3 months. We are going to change the contract and see if the seller will sign off on it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom