PY Atlantis Azores current?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scoooter961

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello, we are looking at going on the Atlantis Azores (Bohol Safari) for a week next June (2019) and I was wondering how strong the current is?

Thanks,
Scott

Not familiar with the Bohol Safari---what dive sites will you be visiting? I've dived several times around Bohol (Anda, Balicasag Island, Alona Beach area house reef) and had little to no currents at those sites the days that I dived. At Balicasag Island we had some current when we first got in the water close to the island but as soon as we dropped over the wall it totally disappeared.

It looks like we will be going to these areas.

• DAY 1 & 2: MOALBOAL – PESCADOR ISLAND
  • DAY 3: OSLOB AND SUMILON ISLAND
  • DAY 4: BALICASAG ISLAND
  • DAY 5: BALICASAG ISLAND AND/OR PANGLAO ISLAND OR LAND TOUR
  • DAY 6: HALF A DAY DIVING IN EITHER APO ISLAND OR SIQUIJOR

Haven't been to Moalboal so don't know about their currents---Oslob (whale sharks) is pretty calm for snorkelers there. Balicasag as I mentioned before can have some current but out of ten dives I did there only one dive had any current and it wasn't much. Now Apo Island has a few dive sites with ripping currents---Coconut Point and Cogon which are two of my favorite dives there. Most other sites which are great sites too have very little to no currents at all---love Apo Island!

I have done all those places and current was never an issue. I don't think I had ever encountered down current in those places as well.
You should enquire the probability of diving Cabilao.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom