Q & A for Suunto Diving Products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi... I have a Suunto D6 (not the D6i) - Is the USB cable from the D6i, D9TX, DX, etc. all compatible with the D6 or does it require a specific cable?

Hi,
sorry for the late respond here:

- the mentioned cable is compatible with the D6 too.

- the bat info shows the voltage: below 2.6 will show "low" / below 2.4 will show "replace" and diving mode can't be entered

br Hendrik

Hi,
sorry for the late respond here:

- the mentioned cable is compatible with the D6 too.

- the bat info shows the voltage: below 2.6 will show "low" / below 2.4 will show "replace" and diving mode can't be entered

br Hendrik

Thank you Hendrik for the info. Do you have any idea if new batt voltage would be?
Yesterday it was 3.1 and today dropped to 3.0

Googling about CR2450 and it is 3V.

On the other hand, what's the latest firmware for Suunto DX?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,
exactly, these are 3V batteries and 3.0 would mean it's fully charged. However, the voltage varies as you have noticed. This is mainly because of temperature differences and important to take into account when interpreting the reading... it is an indication and not a precise measurement. Thus, when planning a cold water dive and you're not sure about the battery it is advisable to check its status at a temperature that is to be expected during the dive (or close to that). A fridge or AC may be handy tools to do so. This does not mean that should be stored at low temperatures as this will decrease the battery performance in the long run. Latest DX firmware is 1.0.2.

br Hendrik

Does my old Suunto d9 transmitter work with my new dx.
Unfortunately my old d9 fladed due to some unexplained reason the back have loosen up somhow (NOT A JOKE !

I own a Gekko, Vyper and Vyper Air. I would very much like to download dive info on my PC. How is that accomplished ?

Hi Chris
I have a D9Txi titainium which is a great unit i bought it because of my history with Suunto is great i dive every day (my job)
i have one thing which is driving me NUTS!!!!! deep stop on nitrox diving you can not swich it off i k now you can switch it off in Air mode
the old D9 was great you had the option to switch the deep stop function off which was GREAT!! i was told this was not ment to be like that
my question is is there any way i can turn the deep stop function off in nitrox mode PLEASE
our diving sites have a 50ft from surface to the top of the wall so we go over the wall down to 80 ft then at the end on the way back i have to to a 1-2 min deepstop 10ft above the wall mid water away from my guest s such a pain ! can you help please?

Please, please give us an option to turn off mandatory deep stops.

I just bought a DX and did some deep diving in the Bahamas. My computer erred out when I didn't make a deep stop. It was useless after that. Luckily I had another computer from another manufacturer that continued to calculate my decompression time.

It seems very dangerous to just err out if you don't make a mandatory deep stop. I understand adding deco time, but to completely disable the computer is crazy.

What was your profile like? Were these stops at half the max dept h or so or were these stops at 14 or 12 following a serious dive?

With my HelO2 I can ignore the Pyle style deep stops. If I go above a proper stop I expect I'll eventually get to an error condition, although I've not yet chosen to lie to or ignore the HelO2 to that extent.

Last edited:
Beldrigd,

It sounds like you went into a DECO condition. You need to familiarize your self with the different display of a DECO stop and a Deep stop. Deep stops are optional and DECO are not. You'll find a lot of complaints about this 48 hour lock out on the EON threads but you will have to deal with it for now.

The problem with the Fused RGBM model is that it relies on the deep stops to reduce your subsequent shallow stops but the spacing from one level to the next is quite large. Once you blow that first DECO stop the computer doesn't know what to tell you. Unless they change it to run simultaneous models so it can switch on the fly there isn't much they can do about it.

It should have given you a ceiling warnings for 3 minutes before the error occurred. Also you can download the dive and confirm. You should see a yellow triangle in DM5 that will say DECO when you click or hover over it. This is where you overstated your bottom time.

Fortunately there is a little padding on these computers (compared to the navy tables) so if you were only one or two minutes over or one the way up when you blew the bottom time your change of DCS is low.

Of course if you weren't in DECO and it still lock out that's a serious issue.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom