Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
mamograms?

Mammograms are not fun or entertaining. Imagine your balls being placed in a vice and tightened to a half-inch of their life...ouch!!!!!

and not because the coffee came through your nose either. . .

LetterBoy, now that's damn funny ..... :rofl3:

(for those that might not get it, just think about it for a few minutes... :rofl3:)

ScubaSamantha:
Mammograms are not fun or entertaining. Imagine your balls being placed in a vice and tightened to a half-inch of their life...ouch!!!!!

I've always heard that Mammograms were not fun for women, but I've never had it put in that painful perspective before..... **ouch**. Hurts just thinking about it.

.......... Imagine your balls being placed in a vice and tightened to a half-inch of their life...ouch!!!!!

Again, it's just easier to say "Ex-Wife"

I've always heard that Mammograms were not fun for women, but I've never had it put in that painful perspective before..... **ouch**. Hurts just thinking about it.

You're welcome! I like to share with my fellow divers!

Again, it's just easier to say "Ex-Wife"

:rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

Good Morning StandingBear56. We believe nereas plans to steal the wikipedia scuba database at a ScubaBoard function tomorrow night. Your mission, should you decide to accept it, is to obtain photographic proof of the theft, apprehend those involved, and return the stolen database. I don't have to stress the importance of this matter, StandingBear56. We're keeping it internally black. Because of its urgency, I've already sent to New York a team selected from your usual group.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Despite the fact that truth is a perfect defense against slander, using such decriptive terms in open conversation generally causes much more stress (to the speaker (payback from a bitch is a bitch ^2) than it is worth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom