Suggestion Q about "banned" words

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Warthaug

Warthaug

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a quick question about banned words here on SCUBAbaord - how exactly does a word get put on "the list". I understand putting profanity and whatnot on the list, but have been surprised by a few of the words which get starred out - certain 1940's-era German political movements for example.

Just curious...

Bryan

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to ask my actual question, is there a way to recommend words be removed from "the list"?

Last edited:
Times like this, I'm so happy I don't have an ex-wife, nor an ex-husband.

This is not for the faint of heart........you must belong to the PUB to view:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/pub/568-warhammer-maneuver.html
You will find this completely difficult to comprehend, but I own ScubaBoard because of a comment I made about the Warhammer Maneuver when it was first flushed out. I thought it funny that after I became the owner that the mods wanted to censor such a wonderful picture that is just SO full of, er promise. :D

I still get a chuckle whenever I see a South Florida boat with the name "Deep Relief", as that was the file's name. What a crappy name for a boat??? :D Those were some fun times, and I was the last elected to be a part of the "Sick Seven". We were known for our tasteless humor and sardonic wit. Now it's funny when someone sees a girl in a bikini and exclaims "Is THIS what ScubaBoard has come to!?!?!" Bwahahahaha! Few know of our scurrilous past.

such a wonderful picture that is just SO full of, er promise. :D

It is full of, er promise because he has nothing left inside himself to be full of :vomit:. I never knew the history but it does not in any way change the picture......just such a classic that makes me laugh literally out loud almost every time I see it. It is however nice to hear some of SB's history....thank you for that. Any other good Warhammer stories :huh:

I find it amazing that you can place letters and leave out certain parts of it and it's not dirty, yet people automatically fill in the blanks and think it is....

Letters and words are only "dirty" if you think them to be...

People are too easily offended, even if it's in their own minds only...

Nothing dirty about the words/letters in this pic, as long as you don't fill in the blanks.

Wannabuyavowel.jpg

Any other good Warhammer stories :huh:
Well, there was that time off the Florida Coast. It was the mini season of 2002 and... what? Not THAT kind of Warhammer story??? Never mind. :D

Hey, Wartharg, ass is allowed, why did you * it out? :rofl3:

I was running on the assumption it was a banned word, and I didn't want things to get lost in translation.

Lets try that again - it makes me laugh my ass off.

Bryan

I was running on the assumption it was a banned word, and I didn't want things to get lost in translation.

Lets try that again - it makes me laugh my ass off.

Bryan

Bryan - Well you running on the ass-umption of a banned word is making me laugh my ass off. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom