Quality Issues with Bare Wetsuits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

_anak_pulau_

Registered
Reaction score
GREETINGS!

Has anyone come across or heard of issues with Bare wetsuit quality. No doubt it is extremely warm, comfortable and easy to don and doff, but within the first day of using it (for 2 boat dives), there were scuff marks around the back (around the sacrum/tail bone area, as well as armpits. After a second double boat dive, new scuff marks continue to form. This is quite disappointing considering how much a Bare wetsuit actually cost.

Happened to my buddy who contacted Bare and Bare couldn't give any less ****, calling it "wear and tear". Definitely would not recommend, in fact, would strongly discourage anyone to get a Bare, if this is supposedly the "norm".

I noticed this as well and the scuff marks appear but they don't seem to actually get worse. I had the same thought of being really disappointed but then 40 dives+travel later yeah I can see the first scuff marks but the wetsuit itself hasn't lost any integrity and I haven't seen new marks form or the marks get any worse.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom