quallity of Hollis F1 fins....not amazing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

linasglv

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello, since I bought my Hollis F1 I did arround 370 dives. And after 200 more less they started to tear appart (photo included). Is this a quality of technical dive gear???

Attachments

• Atvaizd020.jpg
    Atvaizd020.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 4,857
Linasglv,

Thanks for posting and apologies for the inconvenience. There was a small batch of XL fins from 2009 that were affected by a tooling error causing a tear in the lower right corner. This has since been corrected and most pairs have been replaced. We would like to swap yours out as well :wink:. Please contact our customer service center at 888-383-DIVE and we will get this sorted for you asap.

Best Regards,

Within 7 minutes of his post he accomplished his objective. Well played and kudos to Hollis for recognizing and making the situation right. This is a fine example of customer service. We have seen other manufacturer's make idiots out of themselves trying to defend their position rather than do what is necessary to keep good customer relations. I for one am inclined to purchase a Hollis product because of this. As much as you feel the need to give the OP a hard time, please realize that this is also an "opportunity" for the manufacturer to shine and take advantage of the situation.

Coincidentally, I had the exact same problem this week. Fortunately it wasn't even noticed until after the last dive of my cayman trip. Unlike the OP's first post ever on scubaboard, I've loved my F1 fins. I found Hollis customer service to be VERY quick and accomodating. They even spared the expense of sending in the entire fin(s), just a piece to ensure it's their fin and from that batch. Thanks again to Nick and the Hollis staff for the quick responses and incredibly fair resolution!! :D

This is a fine example of customer service. We have seen other manufacturer's make idiots out of themselves trying to defend their position rather than do what is necessary to keep good customer relations. I for one am inclined to purchase a Hollis product because of this.
Nick Hollis great job on this action. And I really like my Hollis technical gear (BP, Wing, Fins). It's all goooood. Keep it coming.

I love my Hollis F1's. I only have about 300 dives on them, I got them last June, but they are the cat's meow.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom