quallity of Hollis F1 fins....not amazing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

YES, I signed here to share my "experience" regarding "customer service" (again, first email i wrote DIRECTLY to Hollis Gear company was almost one year ago)....To go public is most effective way when it's not working other way.
P.S. and when I look at the ratio post-dives from some guys here....I can see that whey are more "virtual divers" than real.

Of course if you looked up their phone number on the internet and picked up the phone and called a year ago, you probably wouldn't have had any issues.

Of course if you looked up their phone number on the internet and picked up the phone and called a year ago, you probably wouldn't have had any issues.

Bottom line is he finally got a solution!!!!!!

I can understand is reasoning. Sometimes you get tired of waiting and you have to put it out in public to get action. Some times you do not.
Glad you got it worked out. Hollis gear is outstanding and nothing is perfect.

YES, I signed here to share my "experience" regarding "customer service" (again, first email i wrote DIRECTLY to Hollis Gear company was almost one year ago)....To go public is most effective way when it's not working other way.
P.S. and when I look at the ratio post-dives from some guys here....I can see that whey are more "virtual divers" than real.

I don't fault you for posting here and getting your issue taken care of. Obviously it worked. And the response from the retailer is pitifully weak. But from your original post is appeared that you made one attempt to contact Hollis directly, and there was no indication that the contact was attempted a year ago. Had all that information been in your post, you may have gotten different responses. You also were very negative about a company that obviously has a loyal following. I think most companies wish they had this kind of customer that is willing to defend them in an open forum.

You can't take anything from peoples dive-to-post ratio. Some people have hundreds if not thousands of dives and don't post often, or have just as many posts as dives if not more- there is no indication of what the quality of those posts are. Some members are active, some not. Hang around a bit, you'll see that by and large it is a warm community of people sharing their love of diving.

Obviously posting this thread was the primary reason for his joining. Giving the benefit of the doubt, hopefully he'll stay and post more than complaints. Hollis is not trying to make it right simply because of this thread. I had the same problem and got immediate results that were incredibly fair without posting it on here. I do, however, doubt the "year ago" claim since he called Nick's response on here "fast." Perhaps just trying to justify such a premature complaint. Nonetheless, problem is going to get resolved.

How are the F1's in a current?

Is this how you normally troll for customer service? Why didn't you first contact them before making your first PUBLIC post here?

Yeah, really. I've been dealing with the Hollis family over 12 years. Customer service has always been exemplary.

I'll join in too. I was cranky (perhaps unreasonably cranky) about the delay in getting a backpad I ordered for a Hollis Back Plate. And I fussed at the vendor something awful.

Nick Hollis contacted me personally, explained the supply chain difficulties, and shipped me a prototype to fill the order.

Hollis has fantastic products and service. Nothing in life is perfect - but they work damn'ed hard to make it so.

Thanks again,

Bjorn

Obviously posting this thread was the primary reason for his joining. Giving the benefit of the doubt, hopefully he'll stay and post more than complaints. Hollis is not trying to make it right simply because of this thread. I had the same problem and got immediate results that were incredibly fair without posting it on here. I do, however, doubt the "year ago" claim since he called Nick's response on here "fast." Perhaps just trying to justify such a premature complaint. Nonetheless, problem is going to get resolved.

Great point. My positive experiences with the Hollis companies were prior to my joining (or considering outing them on) scubaboard. As I can recall, I have given them Kudos here. I met Nick soon after the Hollis line was introduced. My take is (subjective of course as I have not purchased their gear since) his heart is in the right place. He is not just a "salesman".

The few interactions I have had with Hollis directly have exceeded my expectations. My gripe has always been my shady LDS selling the gear. Thankfully Hollis has entered into a dealer agreement with another shop in my area so now I will have great customer service on both ends.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom