Quarry diving in FLORIDA??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

There are some to the west of you, in Sumter County, that are supposedly divable. However, I have heard of none that the landowners allow diving in.

On the positive side, you could come dive Bucket O' Suck Sink with me sometime. Cold, with a thermocline, low viz, lots of silt. Kinda like those Midwest quarries I hear about.:D

But it wouldnt be complete w/o some cars and an airplane....

There are some to the west of you, in Sumter County, that are supposedly divable. However, I have heard of none that the landowners allow diving in.

On the positive side, you could come dive Bucket O' Suck Sink with me sometime. Cold, with a thermocline, low viz, lots of silt. Kinda like those Midwest quarries I hear about.:D

Check out my photos and video of JB blown out in the Cave diving forum. You'll see what the midwest quarries look like there... :D

I heard a rumor today that there are (limestone?) quarries in south Fl that are diveable.

Is this true?

This is a first for me.

Limestone quarries in S FL?? You betcha :)

Diveable?? They contain a light green water and I'd bet viz is under 5'. They are also all commercial entities so I doubt they'd let you.

And like Netmage said, what's a quarry without a bus and an airplane in there :D

There are however two spring-fed lakes here in Broward County that have decent (10-15') viz.

Given all the diving opportunities if FL, why would anyone want to dive in a quarry?

I grew up on quarries.. excellent training! :wink1: If you kick up the bottom it doesn't settle like sand or get swept away by the current so it put buoyancy control at the top of my list. I enjoy swimming through airplanes too.

Would I drive more then 30 min to dive in a quarry? nope!

sounds just like a sink hole to me

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom