Quatros blade funnels splitting

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sharksdelight

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
One thing about reviews is that they can never really predict durability. I used to own a dive shop and sold Mares equipment. I own a set of yellow Mares Quatro fins which I loved but the black funnels on the blade split after less than 100 dives on them. Now they are just sitting in the garage. There really needs to be a better warranty on this stuff....not everyone, including me, can save or find a receipt as time passes.
Steve:14:

Steve,

We offer two year warranty on defects. It is impossible to do based on # of dives since one persons 100 dives could be anothers 5 dives in time length. Also condition of storage and use could be a factor. Generally we are fairly lenient with fin warranty but there has to be some time reference as to when they were purchased.

Thanks for the feedback.

Phil

I've had about 5 different sets of Mares fins and worked in a shop that had all Mares rental fins and never had that problem. I'm still using a pair I bought in 94. Are you sure someone didn't "split" them for you?

I'm pretty anal about how I take care of my equipment and I always stressed proper care when I was instructing. I'm glad they didn't split on you as they were very good fins, it happened to me and that's all I know. Since I bought the fins when I was a part owner of the shop, and the shop is no longer, I really can't bring them back. No animosity towards Mares here, just letting others know.
Steve:14:

Sounds to me like you just got a bad batch. I've never seen Mares fins fall apart like that either. I figure Mares makes top quality flippers and life's just too short to worry about getting the lemon.... Keep your mind positive, throw them away and look forward to how good the new ones will feel. Nothing is more valuable than a positive frame of mind.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom