Question about a Nauticam lens port

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hoag

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone used the Nauticam lens port (#36128) for the Sony 16-50mm f4 PZ OSS lens? This is the kit lens on the A6xxx series of cameras.

My question is: This port has a knob on the side for the power zoom. Do I still need a zoom ring, or does this knob work directly with the power zoom switch?

nau.36128_1.jpeg

One thing I don't understand is why it's connected this way, there's a knob on the housing to spin a focus/zoom ring I wonder why for this lens that one isn't used?

One thing I don't understand is why it's connected this way, there's a knob on the housing to spin a focus/zoom ring I wonder why for this lens that one isn't used?
That was pretty much my question. Do the gears from the zoom ring connect with this knob or with the knob on the housing? If they connect with the zoom knob on the housing, then what purpose does the knob on the port serve?

For the port I have with the 16-50mm the ring connects with the gear on the port, not the housing, my comment was I'm not sure what caused them to make that call, there has to be a reason, but the aquatica housing used the knob on the housing not the lens

Back
Top Bottom