Question about applying for a dive job!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
When applying for a dive job and the employer asks you to provide a dive log, will they contact any of the dive locations or companies as a reference? I've never applied for a dive job so I'm not sure how the process goes. Some of the dive companies I went through were very small (really just an instructor with a boat) and don't operate anymore, so I'm concerned that will look bad on my part.

Most employers are more interested in certification cards, Is this a commercial type job or a tourist/aquarium job. Be cautious of commercial jobs that hire scuba divers they are generally shoestring operations.

I know nothing about dive jobs for sure, but in general when applying for any position in any industry it boils down to this:

How confident are you in your abilities?
How much knowledge and skill do you have regardless of your experience?
If you can talk the talk and walk the walk then you can and should expand your resume, the resume is a marketing tool.
But don't exaggerate so much that you put your self in over your head, when the time comes you will need to deliver.

Back
Top Bottom