Question about bcd remove underwater

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Njaynl

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

When i check my manual i only need to replace remove the bcd in the pool right ? Not in the open water ?

Which agency? I was certified through SDI and we definitely had to do it at the surface in open water. My OW attempts were frustrating and involved lots and lots of profanity. :D Funny after the fact.

Yeah we did that last sunday at the surface but i mean underwater

Oh. Trying to remember and I'm not sure.

I hope not in the pool when you mess up its not to far to the surface then again maybe im over worried

Don't worry about it. Your instructor is right there. Mine has their octo out in their hand, ready in case there are issues.

Yeah thats why i think they are going to do it in the pool only , our open water is very sandy when you kick up sand and visibility becomes poor

I had to do the pool and on the surface in OW (SSI certification last November)

Cool thanks in the pool is easier i have better control there at the moment

My students remove and replace their gear at the surface and underwater both in confined (pool) and open water. My thinking has always been that entanglement incidents usually occur at depth, and removal to clear an entanglement would be necessary. This exercise is also a confidence builder. As a NAUI instructor I have the freedom to exceed the remove replace on the surface (both open and confined) with this additional, and what I believe is a necessary skill.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom