Question about covid test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paul Shin

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am going to Maldives for a diving trip from Aug 8 to 15.

I will be staying in a liveaboard throughout the entire period.

My question:

I will land in Male on Aug 8 morning, then going straight to the liveaboard. On my last day 15th, I will get back to Male at 7am and my departing flight is 10pm that day.

Is it possible to get covid test at a local facility in Male right after the disembarkment and get the result before my departure? I wonder if it is mandatory to book a hotel while I wait for the result. Also what is the average turnaround time for covid test results?

Thanks

You might ask the live aboard you are going on. It is common for people to get off a live aboard and fly soon after, and it seems at least some of the companies in other places are helping with these arrangements to make it easy for their customers, going as far as bringing someone on board to do the tests once in port.

It is very likely that you will stop at a resort or inhabited island 1-2 days before arriving at Malé to get samples from all people and then continue your itinary while waiting for the results.
There is enough experience in the meantime so that results are coming back in time to leave without the need to spend a night in a hotel.

I was on the Carpe Vita boat and they made arrangements and those who needed testing were tested onboard and got the results the next morning. The medical staff motored out to the LOB. It was all very convenient for those who needed the tests.

Great question.... we are going to dive the Maldives for 10 days on a live aboard... Aggressor. I think they will do the testing on the boat. Our concern is that we will be staying 1 extra day on land so that will add more time. I believe it is testing 72 hours prior to flying.

Interested in your comments on the diving since we have never been. Looks amazing!

If you can’t get tested on the boat, you can do it at the local hospital once you get back to port. They take 6 hours to get the results back to you.

I’m traveling to the Maldives at the end of the month. Is the rapid PCR test at Walgreens (Abbot ID NOW NAAT PCR) good for entry?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom