question about latch on FIX housing ...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MXGratefulDiver

Mental toss flycoon
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I dive a Canon G10 in a Fisheye FIX housing. The setup is about a year old, and has approximately 250 dives on it.

Over the past several weeks I've noticed the rotating latch on the housing becoming increasingly difficult to open. At times I have to use a mechanical lever ... like a screwdriver prized into the slots on the latch ... to open the housing in order to remove the camera.

I have taken off the latch and assured that all the parts are clean. There are no discernable signs of wear on the inside of these pieces.

I also make sure the o-ring is properly lubed each time I assemble my camera.

So is there something about this assembly that's defective? It shouldn't take a screwdriver to open the housing. I've considered making a jig that fits into the slots on the latch ... but again, I don't see that a mechanical device should be needed to open the housing.

Is this a problem others have experienced? If so, I'd like some suggestions about how to remedy it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Back
Top Bottom