question about new scubapro bc?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Indodive,

I dove an SP X - Tech/S - Tech (same thing, they just changed the name) for several years before getting a BP/Wing.

Honestly, it is not a very good BC. It is bulky, especially if you add the integrated weights. It has literally 20 D-Rings on it, all of poor shape and placement. I have no idea why you would need 20 D-Rings. It came with a 55lb wing that has what I refer to as a "continuous perimiter bungee". The wing is way to big for single tank diving, traps air constantly and is not of the best construction. I had to patch 2 small holes in the bladder. The inflator adds air too quickly. The BC as a whole is not very comfortable. It has adjustment points but, they don't help. It has quick release buckles that are just another failure point. It is not a BC that I would recommend. Mine has been sitting in a box for quite a while.

When I bought the thing, I didn't know any better. I really got suckered into buying it. (The guy that sold it to me didn't know any better either and still has not learned.) All total it cost me near $800.00. It was/is a complete waste of money.

Stay away from the X/S - Tech! ... Or any other ScubaPro BC.

Dont mean to hijack this post but since we are on the SP BC topic...I was wondering if anyone had any advice as to whether or not the SP Classic is too much BC for someone who does 10-20 tropical dives (3mm shorty) and 10 cold water dives (7mm suit) a year (roughly).

All my dives are within rec limits (100ft, 30m approx etc...), so i wont be using it for tech diving.

My question is....do you guys think this BC is too much BC for this type of diving? Would i be better off going with the classic sport?

I like the idea of no adjustable shoulder straps and one continuous wrap around air cell, thats why i am considering this BC.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom