Question about ports for 18-55mm and sony nex-5 nauticam.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nitro91

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi i just ordered the nauticam nex-5 housing and camera with 18-55 off ebay used $1500.
I think its a great deal.
But a question about the port needed for the housing and the lens.
I see there is two:
Nauticam Zoom Gear SE1855-Z for SEL 18-55
and Nauticam Flat Port 72 for Sony SEL 18-55 Zoom Lens

Nauticam Zoom Gear SE1855-Z for SEL 18-55 [nau.36122] - $150.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Nauticam Flat Port 72 [nau.36121] - $270.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Do i need both of these for the housing and lens to work or are they two separate ports?
If they are different and do not work together, what is the difference between the two?

Thanks

The zoom gear is not a port, it is a bit of plastic that goes over the lens that allows you to zoom the lens using the zoom dial on the housing. The zoom gear and lens both fit go inside the port. So you will need both if ebay auction didn't include either one. You may want to check with the seller what exactly comes with it.

Hi i just ordered the nauticam nex-5 housing and camera with 18-55 off ebay used $1500.
I think its a great deal.
But a question about the port needed for the housing and the lens.
I see there is two:
Nauticam Zoom Gear SE1855-Z for SEL 18-55
and Nauticam Flat Port 72 for Sony SEL 18-55 Zoom Lens

Nauticam Zoom Gear SE1855-Z for SEL 18-55 [nau.36122] - $150.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Nauticam Flat Port 72 [nau.36121] - $270.00 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros
Do i need both of these for the housing and lens to work or are they two separate ports?
If they are different and do not work together, what is the difference between the two?

Thanks

You should look on the Nuaticam Australia website he list all the ports, gears, domes that can go with the NEX5.
Nauticam Australia - Underwater Housings for Digital SLR cameras - Innovation Underwater

Since you are in Sydney could order from Scubapix in Cairns or Ocean Divers in Melbourne who are Australian Nauticam distributors or sellers.

I ordered a z-240, Ulcs arms and tray and the zoom+flat port for the nex-5 and 18-55 lens
cost me a crap load but can't wait for it all.

Well you could have bought the S2000 and locline and would have been much cheaper :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom