Question:Any Coz dive op offer Sassy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cozdreamer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Have any of you had kids participate in Sassy while on the island? AND/OR observed any dive ops doing this with 5year olds???

Have any of you had kids participate in Sassy while on the island? AND/OR observed any dive ops doing this with 5year olds???

I don't know of any that do, but since SASSY requires a pool (without exception), the only places that would even be able to offer it would be those resorts with in house operations who have pool access.

That said, some of the resorts don't allow actual pool use to the dive shops. Sand Dollar is the only operation I know of that has their own training pool.

I would however be VERY careful with this, and if you DO find someone and decide to allow your five year old to participate...make sure the instructor actually has experience with young children and the SASSY program.

I personally would not recommend or encourage this however.

Good luck!

Thanks Christi - I have been thinking about the idea of my 4 yo grandkid in a SASSY unit. NO WAY! I'm thinking PFD/life vest at all times, not a snorkel vest like her 14 yo brother, to snorkel in protected areas.

Thanks Christi - I have been thinking about the idea of my 4 yo grandkid in a SASSY unit. NO WAY! I'm thinking PFD/life vest at all times, not a snorkel vest like her 14 yo brother, to snorkel in protected areas.

Yep, just let them snorkel until they are old enough to get certified.

I really, really, don't agree with the young children's programs. There's no need to rush them...they have their whole lives to dive.

I don't even think 10 and 11 year olds (with finite exceptions) are old enough (mentally/physically) to be certified. But of course, that's my opinion and there are many others :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom