Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My she-p died tonight :( It could have been much worse though... I didn't use it during the dive as I only ended up doing an hour and went to the toilet after to pee and noticed that it was leaking straight away (as I was standing haha), from a hole in the silicone. After at least 200-250 dives though, it has had a good run :) Ordered one of the new blue ones tonight.

Anyway, could it be a leak in the she-p?? I had never even considered this before tonight but it has a hole near where it creases to form the reservoir.

wow, sas... :( that's some usin', though, to crack a she-p!

The other good thing about using a pad or Depends is that you get rid of the "I can't pee, because my brain is worried the thing is going to leak" problem. I run into that one a LOT.

BTW, what are these butt-shaper underwear you're using? I'll have to look into them (though I'm not convinced that my issue is necessarily related to the adhesion of the she-p to me...).

I looked and my butt shapers are made by Bali - you can probably find them in a lot of places.

If your leak is from anything BUT the adhesion, it shouldn't be too difficult to find. You can pressurize the "weenis" and QD with an irrigation syringe (or a plastic squeeze bottle like they sell for ketchup) and plug the she-p end of the tubing with a finger, and see if there is any leak along there. You can do the same with the suit portion of the tubing, just by using the syringe in the end of the tube while the cap is screwed shut on the outside. To check the seal on the QD is a little more work, but it shouldn't be too hard, either.

Interesting info, Sas, about the device itself leaking. Did you have a latex one, or a silicone?

Nicole, a thick pad or a pair of Depends will avoid the wet undergarment issue. I've pretty much learned to feel if things are as they should be, and if they aren't, I just stop peeing. Of course, there WAS the 2 1/2 hour cave dive where the tubing got disconnected about an hour into it (early part of dive, successful peeing, and then suddenly NOT) and there just wasn't any choice. That's when you're really happy your condo has a washer and dryer!

Karen Cleveland has told me she doesn't have leaks at all any more, and I'd love to know her secret :)

I'm being stubborn....I may resort to a pad or depends or something, but I want for it to work and not have to worry about the back-up stuff. That said, when it gets colder (or when I'm up in WA for Christmas), I'll want to dive my Thinsulate, so I won't want to risk any leaks.

My she-p died tonight :( It could have been much worse though... I didn't use it during the dive as I only ended up doing an hour and went to the toilet after to pee and noticed that it was leaking straight away (as I was standing haha), from a hole in the silicone. After at least 200-250 dives though, it has had a good run :) Ordered one of the new blue ones tonight.

Anyway, could it be a leak in the she-p?? I had never even considered this before tonight but it has a hole near where it creases to form the reservoir.

Bummer that it died, but not bad....I'll take 200-250 dives on it before replacing!

I've considered that maybe there's a pinhole or something in the top of the reservoir, which would not be obvious when standing and going, as gravity would take care of the issue. It's one of those things that I intend to check for when I leak test tomorrow.

TSandM I have silicone one.

Raising the white flag...

I give up. For those who are using some sort of protection in addition to the she-p, what are you using? Brand, absorbency, etc?

I hate this stupid thing....I really want to give up on it, but I can't stand to not hydrate myself properly. I'm so sick of pissing myself every single time....don't have much in the way of options anymore. So looking at something that will absorb my pee so it doesn't have to be done by my undergarments anymore :(

Nicole, I sure wish I were down there to give you a hand -- and if you aren't too squeamish, to look at how you are putting the thing on. It really shouldn't be that difficult.

I can't remember what brand I bought, but I bought an "overnight" pad, which suffices for everything except major blowouts and forgetting to hook the thing up (last Monday's failure).

Raising the white flag...

I give up. For those who are using some sort of protection in addition to the she-p, what are you using? Brand, absorbency, etc?

I hate this stupid thing....I really want to give up on it, but I can't stand to not hydrate myself properly. I'm so sick of pissing myself every single time....don't have much in the way of options anymore. So looking at something that will absorb my pee so it doesn't have to be done by my undergarments anymore :(

My replacement she-p did not show up in time for my cave diving trip this weekend :shocked2: so I decided to check out 'Depends'. Not nearly as bad as I was expecting but much prefer p-valve. Definitely a viable backup though... I sent you a more detailed PM about it :) Though can post about it here if anyone wants more info.

For brand I used the Male Depends (as my male buddy wanted to try them out too and figured it would be better if it was looser on me than tight on him in certain areas :wink:). Pretty much as that was the only type available in the supermarket. If I used them again I'd use same brand but the female version :)

Back
Top Bottom