Question for the she-p users...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well I finally have the She-P & the p- valve, I now only have to get the P-valve installed in my drysuits & start practicing. I'll be going back down to FL at the end of Oct. to hopefully finish up my full cave course, this time. Would like to have everything ready by then, but don't know.

After the test on land, I also try the she-P at the beginning of the dive, just to make sure everything is ok under "pressure" (i.e. in the water, with gear on). Also, I try to relax when peeing, hanging still, making sure to let the flow go slowly... I've not used any pads or protection, and haven't had any leaks so far. I have the blue version. I wear two thongs, and a stretch boxer shorts, and make sure when connecting the tube that it makes a large "U turn" from the She P to the valve.

be careful with depends or other adult diapers - they are made with fluff & will 'give it up' if squeezed.

i use huggies with the edges folded back & the middle right over the she-p. they have those gel beads & won't leak if squeezed.

nicole, any chance of glueing your she-p to something & filling it from the weenis to see if you have some pinpoint hole? another thought might be a 'dry' run in your house where you put something dye-ish (like koolaid crystals or something else that would wash out) in before you put it on like usual & then pee in the shower or porch & then see if you find a leak.

These ones had some kind of balls in them and didn't seem to be affected by squeeze. :idk:

Edit: ok I checked and depends uses gel beads also :)

Alright, so I gave it another shot today....it seems that I've probably just been expecting too much of it.

Normal day using she-p: glue it on at 5am, board the boat at 6:30am, do two to four dives (with climbing ladders and walking around and whatever else....all in relatively hot weather but thick undergarments = sweaty), peel my drysuit off to reveal the fact that I've peed on myself (if I didn't notice it before) at 4pm.

Today's use: glue it on at 12pm, quick shore dive at 1pm, peel drysuit off to reveal the fact that I have NOT peed on myself at 2pm!!!

So, I *think* that if I am doing a dive (maybe two) that I might be safe without using any extra protection....but if it's going to be a long day (especially with big ladders and scooter diving), I think I'm going to add some depends as well.

FWIW, I'm pretty positive that it's not a matter of gluing it on improperly, but with having it stay in place after hours and hours of use/abuse.

Today's revelation was bittersweet....I've been using the thing correctly, but it will probably never perform the way I desperately want for it to. I don't think reapplying mid-day will work for me as I get really seasick and will do damn near anything to not go into an enclosed space....so some way to absorb the leaks will probably be my best bet :wink:

Thanks to all who have offered suggestions! I really do appreciate it :)

cool, sas! i haven't seen adult diapers here with beads, & i work in a nursing home...

nicole, do you grab & hold it up to you during dives 2 through 4? maybe that extra upward pressure would keep it from oozing.

nicole, do you grab & hold it up to you during dives 2 through 4? maybe that extra upward pressure would keep it from oozing.

I do that on the surface, but haven't yet tried it underwater. I'll give it a shot next time (but will probably use some extra protection just in case!).

I've never been able to have it hold through an entire day of use. But the good news is that it generally just takes a little drying of the skin and reapplication with pressure to get it to seal again (one doesn't have to go through the entire painting with glue and replacing process).

Given that my typical all-day use is in Mexico, where I'm sweating and also hiking and climbing, it hasn't really surprised or disappointed me that it won't last all day.

Forgive a male comment.....

My wife is on the She-p learning curve too and there certainly an activity factor to consider.

I know from my limited experience with even the male product (Rochester WB) that 11 hours is pushing it. I think at that stage your natural body oils combined with activity and urine exposure, perspiration and body heat will challenge anything short of contact cement.

Pete

I have ordered my first she-p and I am prepping for valve installation on my CLX450--so excited!! I've read loads on different use techniques, and can't wait to figure out how it will work for me.

I am wondering though, about which leg I will prefer the valve to be on...
If reaching it was relevant (for turning the screw), I would favor the right leg to reach across with left, since I will generally have at least O2 on my right at deco, but since that isn't a concern (Halcyon streamline), I am looking for input as to which leg I will want my valve on.

Which leg do you have yours on? Why? Ever wish it was on the other, and why?

Thanks!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom