Question for the truly lazy . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, all you lazy people should be ashamed of yourselves. I took the hoses off after all. (Now I just have to remember to put them back on. There goes another two minutes.)

My own experience on that matter : I leave the hose dedicated to the dry suit, even when I dive wet. I've noticed that you tend to batter the hose's o-ring when assembling and disassembling it too often... A busted o-ring on a lp hose, it sucks...

I put an extra piece of innertube on my left waist strap that I stick my drysuit hose in.

I'm lazy, but I take the drysuit hose off when I travel to warm water. That's because when I didn't there was a salt buildup in in the end of the drysuit inflator hose and it was very sticky and nasty. It took a lot more work to clean up that it would a have taken to have removed it for that trip.

Plus, when I want to show off to warm water divers that I'm a drysuit-wearin' cold water expert, I simply tap my wetsuit-clad chest to try to control my buoyancy on my first few dives. ;-)

If you're like me, you leave it on so you don't do your next drysuit dive without the hose that you forgot in the garage.
Instead of putting the hose on the shelf, you can use the other end and put it on the drysuit.

Just get a low profile drysuit inflate valve and install it on your wetsuit.Hook the hose to it. It may not do anything, but it will confuse the hell out of everyone that sees it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom