Question for the truly lazy . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The most unprofessional diving setup I ever used, several weekends in a row, at BHB in shallow water mostly diving solo, was a first stage and a single second stage.

I had used it with a drysuit once a long time before, and had a drysuit inflator hose on it already. I just tucked it in the camband slots in the wing.

Then I had a friend who was going to call their dive because their octo was broken. I was comfortable diving solo without mine, so I donated it. Couldn't find an LP port plug, but I did have an inflator hose handy, so now my rig has 3 inflator hoses.

The real kicker is that my inflator started leaking air into the wing because I did not rinse it very well after diving, so I started diving with it disconnected and just manually inflated. 3 inflator hoses, none attached, all stuffed in my wing.

Didn't bother me as in technical diving, I have QC6's on my dilout and bailout bottles, extra qc6 from onboard dil clipped off, deco bottle has inflator hose on it, as long as it's all organized and not dangling, no big deal.

. . . so I started diving with it disconnected and just manually inflated. 3 inflator hoses, none attached, all stuffed in my wing.

Hmm . . . and all this time I thought the "shallow divers" story in the link in your signature was made up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom