Question on a Wreck

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bison

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
It is nice to find a forum with St. Lawrence/Ontario divers. I tend to take some day trips to do shore dives along the St. Lawrence river whenever my busy schedule keeps me off the dive boats. One shore dive I have not done is the "Corey W. Post". I learned of this wreck through NTD's site. Have any of you been on this wreck and where is its location on Howe Island?

Thanks from a curious diver.

Pretty unspectacular. It really amounts to some wood and a pile of bricks.

What do you expect for 30 feet of water. The cora W Post was the subject of a survey a couple of weeks ago combined effort of POW and SOS supported by NTD. After you check out the wreck a swim due south will bring you to a 120 foot hole with some very large bolders, Bilge Pump and some interesting bottles. I was told there is a Pickup Truck and a large anchor but have yet to locate them.

Tom R:
not on the lsland in the River
Thanks Tom. appreciated the feedback :)

When I talked with NTD on the phone the young lady indicated she knew the entry point was near one of the automated lighthouses. Is it the light house facing wolfe isl. or the one facing the mainland near the ferry? These are the only two I know of on the island.

Tom,

Thanks for the information and help.

Tom R:
South side facing Wolfe Island, enter from the lighthouse drop down to 20 feet and pick up the line facing east

Back
Top Bottom