Question on chamber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
This message was posted by a member in the egroup called:

Scuba Diving Questions Answered

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scuba_diving_questions_answered/

***** MESSAGE READS AS FOLLOWS *****

I haven't really kept myself abreast with the progress in scuba diving. If one
is bent or embolised while diving with nitrox, what is the recompression
protocol used by the chamber doctors and personnel? I assume they cannot use
the US Navy's compressed air protocol.

Regards to all.

***** END OF MESSAGE *****

Can anyone share some insight? You might want to join this egroup by visiting the url listed above and participate in the discussions. Please note that commercial messages posted in this egroup is deleted.

Thanks!

More than likely the chamber operators would use a USN Table 6 or 6A for the treatment. The chamber treatment is the same for air or nitrox in the recreational depth range. There are a alot of variables in choosing a table but those would be the tables to start with given the basic information in the question. There are other tables out there such as the Comex and Royal Navy tables. But I think the standard for the US is still USN tables. Hope this helps.
Friggincold

What's wrong with the USN tables?

Every graduate of nitrox course should know how to calculate the air equivalent.

This is the answer that was sent to this individual who emailed us at Diving medicine Online:

"The bent nitrox diver is treated in the same manner as an air dive incident, taking into account the possibility of extra oxygen exposure. (NOAA Diving Manual, 15-3.)"

We received an automatic response from Yahoo! advertising a site.

Best regards:

scubadoc
Diving Medicine Online
http://www.scuba-doc.com

Back
Top Bottom