Question on Cressi Leonardo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DeputyDan

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I was thinking of purchasing one but read that this computer will not do the 3 minute count down for your safety stop. Is this true?

Thanks.

I have one (actually 3 for the family) and they all do a safety stop.

My only annoyance is the cumbersome computer Link (had to buy separate)

What I don’t like about the Cressi is that the safety stop countdown is in whole minutes without an indication of seconds, so I use a separate watch to time the stop.

Also in my family we have three.
Paid 99 eur each on Amazon Prime Day.
We are very happy of them, just perfect for rec diving with air or Nitrox, both within NDL or with some deco stop.
They run a very conservative algorithm, which is fine for us.
You get a clear indication guiding you to perform proper deco stops, or the safety stop if you stay within NDL.
Only thing I find disturbing is the ascent speed alarm, which is very sensitive: just raising the hand it starts beeping...

What I don’t like about the Cressi is that the safety stop countdown is in whole minutes without an indication of seconds, so I use a separate watch to time the stop.
Something to think about....

The safety stop is an attempt to add an extra level of safety to a dive in which it should be OK to go right to the surface. Some people do 4 minutes. Some do 5. For most dives, safety stops are a good idea, but the exact, to the second amount you need is impossible to know because you really shouldn't have an exact, to the second need. Anything in the 3-5 minute range should be OK.

As for me, I leave my computer in tech mode, with no safety stop countdown. I may use a feature called a SurfGF for a safety stop, but usually I just watch the other people on the dive and wait until they have al signalled they are done.

Something to think about....

The safety stop is an attempt to add an extra level of safety to a dive in which it should be OK to go right to the surface. Some people do 4 minutes. Some do 5. For most dives, safety stops are a good idea, but the exact, to the second amount you need is impossible to know because you really shouldn't have an exact, to the second need. Anything in the 3-5 minute range should be OK.

As for me, I leave my computer in tech mode, with no safety stop countdown. I may use a feature called a SurfGF for a safety stop, but usually I just watch the other people on the dive and wait until they have al signalled they are done.

Having the seconds display is more of a confirmation that it's still counting down. If you drop below the safety top level, it will stop the countdown. It'll resume when you're within the threshold again, but it's hard to know. Also, it feels like it's taking "forever" without the seconds.

Got one for me and my gf aswell, before we switched to perdix.

Its a good cheap computer.
Like said before the ascent alarm is annoying. Too sensitive.

The saftestop is in minutes. In my opinion thats fine, because whats the advantage of knowing the exact seconds? Wait until it clears you, or go up earlier, if you need to.

If you dont want to spend more money its a good computer.

It's a good starter computer, but its too conservative. If you dive with Aldora, it'll beep all throughout the dive. I gave mine to my SIL...bought the Sherwater Peregrine and absolutely love it! NDL never broke 99....

And yes, the cressi will count down the SS...make sure you have the altitude correctly selected :)

Back
Top Bottom