Question on documentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bali1

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I recent received a regulator set and am quite impressed with the quality. Can't wait to dive it.

I thought documentation regarding the regulator would be shipped with the reg on a usb drive. There was none in the box; just the regulator and the service kits. Just wondering if this item was an oversight or not shipping yet?

Thanks.

This is something i meant to raise. You will have first time user buying these regs and they should come with an instruction manual as well a the torque specs for the hoses.

who actually uses torque specs on regulator hoses? I've never seen any shops use a torque wrench on the hose connections and certainly never seen a diver carry around a torque wrench with the appropriate crows feet for hose connections...

either way, if you need/want an instruction manual, you can use the one from Hog, Apeks, Dive Rite, basically anyone with a similar looking regulator as they're all essentially the same from a use standpoint. The manuals for these are being written and will be published, but it may take some time.

that said, if you need a manual to set up a set of regulators, then you should probably have your LDS do it for you or ask someone to teach you in person.

if you need one to attach hoses, this one will work, but there isn't much in regulator user manuals....

http://www.diverite.com/wp-content/uploads/library/Regulators/RG5300 XT - User Manual.pdf

The Deep 6 website specifies that the manual and schematics would be furnished in this manner. I like having the technical information as well for the DIY.

Not a huge issue. Just wondering.

Spoke to @cerich the USB is still planned but has slid down the list, the DIN issue and getting all the orders out on time has been priority. There will be documentation available soon.

I figured but nice to have confirmation from the vendor.

I have to imagine that owner's manual and service manual info will be posted on the website once it's complete, given the DIY-friendly nature of the company. And although I would find it interesting to read too, it's a long way from being a current need - especially considering they do the first service free.

I have to imagine that owner's manual and service manual info will be posted on the website once it's complete, given the DIY-friendly nature of the company. And although I would find it interesting to read too, it's a long way from being a current need - especially considering they do the first service free.
Yep. In two years time. :wavesmiley:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom