Question on documentation

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured but nice to have confirmation from the vendor.

Hi Bali1,

I can provide that confirmation. We are producing a service manual, but in truth we have a few other things we were working on first. As mentioned by others, the first service is free and on us if a need arises, so we still have a good bit of time.

Rest assured it will be coming, and if you need any help in the meantime let us know, but I'm pretty confident in saying you shouldn't, as the regulator won't need service for at least 2 years. Our plan is to post it to the website in PDF form for download and will likely be putting it on USB sticks as well.

Cheers,
Landon
Deep 6 Gear

Last edited:
This is something i meant to raise. You will have first time user buying these regs and they should come with an instruction manual as well a the torque specs for the hoses.

I am inclined to agree with tbone1004, torque specs are pretty standard for attaching hoses and I have never seen a shop use a torque wrench for attaching them. Someone with experience servicing regulators shouldn't have any difficulty with ours, and if you are not comfortable working on one or do not have adequate experience we suggest that you take our service course (offered via SDI/TDI), or in the least find a mentor who can help guide you.

If you would like more background information on regulator servicing and how regulators work in general, the book Regulator Savvy is a good place to start, and is actually required for the service course.

As far as an instruction manual goes, I would hope that everyone learned how to use a regulator in their basic open water course? All jokes aside, we are producing the service manual, and we will eventually be posting it to the website in PDF form, and likely including it on USB sticks as well. But as stated the first service is on us, and we are always available to help customers if they have questions, so we feel we have a great support structure in place at the moment if the need arises.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Landon

Last edited:
I just go by feeling when it comes to how tight stuff needs to be. But on that note, I'm an electrician so I have a lot of experience with minor torque adjustments on various shapes and sizes of screws and bolts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom