Question on NDL vs Graph

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All you have to do is look at the log and you will see changes in the NDL time. I had a 3 tank dive last week with max depth of 60 ft and NDL time remaining did not go down until the last dive. The Loading gauge was in the yellow - orange most of the time. NDL time is recalculated every time the computer runs a sample. It may not change or you may get more time depending on what the computer calculates regardless of the reading on the loading graph. Just shallowing a few feet can give you more bottom time.

The best thing to do is use your dive planner to give you an idea of how much time you have at the deepest point on your next dive. Diving to 60ft on my last settings, I would have 93 min. which means my NDL timer isn't going to change during the dive as you never always at the deepest point. At 50ft the time is 3 hours for ean36.

This also explains why your timer never changed. You were shallow enough for it not too.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom