Question re: GoPro LCD Backpac

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sytech

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I ordered the GoPro Hero 3+Black and find it weird that there is no viewfinder.

They sell the GoPro LCD Backpac viewfinder as a separate accessory ($70) and am wondering if that is submersible. Something tells me it's not but I'd like confirmation.

Thanks in advance,

Sy:D

Its not and you dont need a veiwfinder :wink:
Its an action cam with an extreme wideangle and if you point it in the general direction of what you want to shoot, its shot..

By its not what I mean is, for diving it is not. Its supposed to be waterproof to 3 meters (9 ft) with no touch functionality..

Its not and you dont need a veiwfinder :wink:
Its an action cam with an extreme wideangle and if you point it in the general direction of what you want to shoot, its shot..

By its not what I mean is, for diving it is not. Its supposed to be waterproof to 3 meters (9 ft) with no touch functionality..

Huh? As far as I remember, you get several back covers for the older housing (from the Hero 3, rated for 60m depth), one of them with touch capability with a low depth rating (3m sounds correct) and one with the same rating as the housing.

For the 3+, you need the older housing if you want to use the LCD back.

Let me end any confusion to this post ... ;-) I have the Hero3+ Black and LCD Touch bacpac. I bought the touch backpack about a month ago from GoPro directly. It had Limited Edition written on the packing and inside they supply free of charge, the original housing for the Hero3 Black. The bacpac and Hero3+ fit in it perfectly and work 100% at any depth up to 60 meters.
I used them recently in the Maldives in up to 24 meters of water and there was no problem whatsoever. I personally would have been lost without the backpac as I could see clearly what I was pointing at and the framing was fantastic. The bacpac is waterproof to any depth as long as it is in the waterproof casing.

Bundled compatible housing - thats kinda cool :D
Lets hope the "Limited" part isnt so much :p

Yes, exactly the same price. As I said it has the whole original housing (60m) included free of charge in the touch bacpac box. The reason it is 'Limited' edition is because it will end when they finally produce a compatible backdoor for the Hero 3+ housing.

its also a freaking way for them to clear watever 3 housing they have... hhahah... since its EOL...

True, but its a better housing anyway being waterproof to 60 meters and not 40 meters, like the 3+ housing is.

Back
Top Bottom