Question to the mods...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you Mr Chairman for the clarifications. So its was moved because of ONE post, got it.

I take it that if I comb the Basic forum I would not get anyone mentioning "If you need more info on (name of course) you can reach me at ..." kind of post at least once? I'll take your word for it. And probably there would be no advertisement of any courses too by anyone asking another diver to "you should take (name of course)...." am I correct? I'll take your word for that too.

Once again, thank you for your clarifications. If I should come across any of the above, I would be sure to inform the mods to move the thread. Looking forward for the Q&A agencies section to include PADI, NAUI and GUE.
Once again, there is a big difference between starting a thread to recommend a course and advertise it, and responding to a thread with info.

You will not find a thread that STARTS with a course review and advertisement in Basic. For any agency.

You and I know there's a lot of dirt flinging about UTD all over and also discrimination. This is not one of those cases.

Also, SOP here is to remove all posts referring to and quoting a deleted post. If we delete your opening post then what would be left of the thread?

I take it that if I comb the Basic forum I would not get anyone mentioning "If you need more info on (name of course) you can reach me at ..." kind of post at least once?
Why are you fighting me on this? You shouldn't find an offer in any original (first) post. If you do, you should report it, just as your thread was reported so we can move it too. If someone asks "Where can I get UTD OW training?" Then your post answering their question would be appropriate. Oh hell, that would be appropriate for "Where can I get OW training?"

If you really want to promote your class, get your students to start posting class reviews.

Again, we're not trying to single you out or punish you. We're trying to help you to not silt out the forums so that people won't get pissed at you.

If we delete your opening post then what would be left of the thread?
Actually, if we delete the first post of any thread, the whole thread disappears in a poof of "WTF just happened?

Why are you fighting me on this? You shouldn't find an offer in any original (first) post. If you do, you should report it, just as your thread was reported so we can move it too. If someone asks "Where can I get UTD OW training?" Then your post answering their question would be appropriate. Oh hell, that would be appropriate for "Where can I get OW training?"

If you really want to promote your class, get your students to start posting class reviews.

Again, we're not trying to single you out or punish you. We're trying to help you to not silt out the forums so that people won't get pissed at you.

No sir, I am not fighting you. Just acknowledging what you told me.

No sir, I am not fighting you. Just acknowledging what you told me.

I have to wonder how many prospective students you will turn off with this thread. If you really understand, you might want to request that this thread be deleted., You have that option.

I have to wonder how many prospective students you will turn off with this thread. If you really understand, you might want to request that this thread be deleted., You have that option.

But then prospective students could be lacking serious pertinent information.

I am not worried at all. The thread will encourage their own investigation and they can arrive at their own conclusions based on the information they find themselves. Those who come will come. There are also those who ahave already formed their opinion, never mind if there are statistics to show otherwise. Just look at the supporters of the current POTUS.

But then prospective students could be lacking serious pertinent information.

Whether you agree with UTD or not, I agree with your POV.

I don't think the thread will hurt UTD at all, especially in it's current location. Randy has presented a fresh look for UTD in contrast to the experience of a few of us. I like it. I like your direction.

I don't think the thread will hurt UTD at all, especially in it's current location. Randy has presented a fresh look for UTD in contrast to the experience of a few of us. I like it. I like your direction.

Thank you sir.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom