Question: Tusa IQ 700 (Console version)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

saf1

Reaction score
I've recently picked up a Tusa 700 console dive computer as part of my initial scuba gear purchase and have a question. I just finished up my nitrox certification and had a question which the Tusa manual probably answered but I couldn't figure it out.

How, or where, do you add the second nitrox mix - and how does does the dive computer switch to it? I put it in mix two but it seems like during my second dive it was still using mix 1...so I did something wrong. Knowing I was not sure during our pre-dive planning we went ahead and used the cards and books like I did during my initial instruction (which is a great refresher course) but I am interested in trying to figure out what I did wrong witht he dive comp.

My first nitrox tank was 32.4 % and the second tank was 40%. I put mix 1 at 33% and mix 2 at 40 thinking that would do it, and the comp would know dive 1, and use mix 1, then dive two, use mix 2 - but it didn't work out that way...thus my question.

Thanks for any information - I'm sure I missed something in the manual.

Caveat, I have only tinkered with the IQ-700 and don't have one to validate it, however, hopefully this helps a little....

From the user manual on the TUSA website found at http://www.tusa.com/pdf/IQ-700manual.pdf

Page 14 explains how to set the mixes, basically Gage Select->MIX1 Fo2 (set) and the same for Mix2.

Page 29 explains how to switch gases during the dive (basically press and hold button A for 4-5 seconds to toggle between Mix1 and Mix2).

Caveat, I have only tinkered with the IQ-700 and don't have one to validate it, however, hopefully this helps a little....

From the user manual on the TUSA website found at fhttp://www.tusa.com/pdf/IQ-700manual.pd

Page 14 explains how to set the mixes, basically Gage Select->MIX1 Fo2 (set) and the same for Mix2.

Page 29 explains how to switch gases during the dive (basically press and hold button A for 4-5 seconds to toggle between Mix1 and Mix2).

Hey Otter. Thanks - I apprecaite the information. After reading that it seems that I "assumed" it would take the second mix as the second dive, etc - but I needed to manually switch it over...

Which makes sense now /palm of hand hitting forhead. What an idiot.

Thanks - this is what I was missing or not getting.

Yes, Otter is correct. Thank you. Be patient when pressing and holding button A (button left side). It will take 4 - 5 seconds to switch mixes. The backlight will confirm the change. We hope you enjoy your new computer.

One more question if I may.

From a dive log perspective what happens if I make three nitrox dives in the same day? Wouldn't I lose a dive record if I make a change to either mix 1 or mix 2? Not sure I understand that part.

Thanks again.

The gas mix switch is for dives performed with 2 different gases. For example: You start a dive with a 30% nitrox and have additional gas waiting on the safety/deco stop. That gas can be different mixture as used in the deco diving. As such, when u start breathing on second gas, you switch it on a comp so accurate calculation for PO2 and Nitrogen can be made

It does not matter whether or not you are diving mixed or at 21%. Each dive will be logged. The IQ-700 will log up to 60 dives and then cycle out the oldest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom