Question: What's an octopus?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
check it out--the masked man from Florida rode into town...

Joewrl--now where did that "l" come from?

… and a prescription mask at that...

I do like this word origin study... I guess I are jest a philologist at heart!!!

The Ballad of NetDoc…
(sung to the tune of Zorro)

Out of the Blue…
He comes swimming right at you…
The diver known as NetDoc!

Into the night
With a torch that burns so bright
The diver known as NetDoc!!!

:tease:

Hey Joewr...I really hope you aren't a teacher and are this hard on your students!

In anycase...I came up with the first "theory"..so even if I don't get the infamous bottle...I at least want a beer when you come to Guam!

*grins and waves her ear*

Scubabunny,

For you, and only you, a consolation prize has been created! Name the brand, and it shall be yours!

Tough? You think that I am tough? Well, just talk to the grandchildren...they really prefer me over mom and dad! Who always has a cookie available? Granpa! Who makes neat toys in his shop? Granpa! Who plays funny scoot-around-on-the-carpet games? Granpa! Tough? I cannot imagine who you are talking about?

Joewr--a pussycat in a great white shark's skin.

hehe...ain't that what granddads are made for??? To spoil the grandkids rotten??

Now....as for the beer....I normally am a Coors Light girl..but I LOVE microbrewery stuff! Can't get there here on Guam. I think you can get one (and ONLY one) through customs. Wanna try???

If not, Coors light will work.:)

And, NO..my thirst is not waiting! Taking care of that myself...but I'll save your bottle (or can) and keep it on my windowsill! (don't you feel special now!)

I'm just so excited I actually get to meet someone from the board!! Someone is acutally coming to this little rock!!!!!

*hops up and down and wiggles her tail* (but not THAT kind of wiggle! I'm a RABBIT for gods sake! ohhhh...never mind!)

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet... I am wooking for a wabbit!!! eh eh eh eh eh... jutht another screwy bunny!

Tisk tisk, :nono: it's been done Pete... it's been done! LOL

*The crowd waits in anticipation as the long cane is reaching out towards the center of the stage, where tonights young struggling comedian Pete stands sweating... gasp! :all:

Yo M&M,

Run on humor is always the best... brings out the worst in some though (I might add, knowingly)

My Fellow Americans (Oops, I thought I was on the US Politics Board...)

Let's start again...

My Fellow Scuba Divers,

It is with some degree of sadness that I must announce that, of the millions of divers who frequent this Board, no one was able to provide documentation as to the origin of the term "ocotopus" as applied to a certain piece of scuba gear.

My main man, Rainreg, did not cross the finish line first and, therefore, Barbara and I will be forced to share that bottle of wonderful Groth '97 Cabernet that I had reserved for the winner. Well, it's an ill wind that blows no good.

However, in the defense of Rainreg, I must hasten to add that no one crossed the line at all. Black(I am not supposed to fool with his name in this space)net was closing strongly, but came up lame in the stretch...

I will keep searching, though, and report back if ever I find the appropriate documentation.

Now, since I am going away and I fear that NetDoc will turn this into some kind of Pun Site or a thread where shaggy dogs will shed, I hearby try to close this thread!

Joewr...flexing his muscles... and if that doesn't work, pleading with Ladydiver...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom