Question: Which goes first- Priorty Valve or Check Valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

chrisc

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Rix SA6 compressor and an Areo Dri filter... Out of the 3rd stage separator I have a check valve, then hose to Aero Dri, out of the Aero Dri which should be next? Priority Valve (back pressure) then another check valve or vise versa to whip?

Thanks

I have a Rix SA6 compressor and an Areo Dri filter...

First IMHO Check the age and working life of that Aero Dry thing, 15 plus years and suggest you replace

Out of the 3rd stage separator I have a check valve, then hose to Aero Dri,

IMHO thats what you want, as you can drain the two 2nd/3rd separators without draining the chemical filter.

Out of the Aero Dri which should be next? Priority Valve (back pressure) then another check valve or vise versa to whip?
Thanks

Just the Priority valve set 1500psi no need for another NRV (check valve) unless your filling nitrox by partial pressure method.
A better solution to the NRV is to fit a line valve at the end of the charging hose fitted to the charging adaptor ( A-clamp or DIN fitting)
That way the chemical filter and the filling lines are all under some pressure at all times with minimal pressure loss over time

This keeps your chemical cartridge from adsorbing atmospheric moisture and shortening its active working life expectancy.
It is not also adsorbing atmospheric air. This also saves the lines/filling whips from absorbing moisture from the atmosphere
Keeping everything internal at around minus 60C dewpoint and the internal pressure prevent adsorption of water vapour

When re filling after a days lay up always blow out the stagnant air in the filter cartridge for a minute or two, that way any adsorbed
N2 C02 and vapour will desorb safely off the chemical bed and be discharged, before filling the tank. Iain Middlebrook.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom