Questions about choosing a Raja Ampat liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I don’t hear too much about diving in PNG...why? Hard to get to? Under the radar?
Harder to get to from North America. Essentially go to Australia - then a regional to get to north Australia and then a local airline to PNG. Similar to flights to RA but even longer and even more remote. On my list of places to go.

So, hey, @Dan_T....when are we going to PNG? A group trip? :wink:

It needs to be after January 2020 :D

I’m fully booked from now till then (Cocos, Maldives, Socorro, Ring of Fire, RA twice back-to-back on Dec 2019 & Jan 2020).

It needs to be after January 2020 :D

I’m fully booked from now till then (Cocos, Maldives, Socorro, Ring of Fire, RA twice back-to-back on Dec 2019 & Jan 2020).

end of March/April/May 2020 is the earliest I can go as well. Will need to play it by ear though because I may become single if I commit to it now. What are the PNG options like? Liveaboard? Land based? How much are we talking? One kidney or two?

AHH, @Dogbowl , just book Red Sea for this year, Raja Ampat for 2019, then PNG for 2020. Easy! :wink:

end of March/April/May 2020 is the earliest I can go as well. Will need to play it by ear though because I may become single if I commit to it now. What are the PNG options like? Liveaboard? Land based? How much are we talking? One kidney or two?...

@Wingy & @WetPup are the PNG subject matter expert. Hopefully one of them or both can chime us in.

Last edited:
Some people claim PNG is better than RA.
I dived PNG at Walindi in 2014, then both land-based and a LOB at Komodo in 2016.
Tossing up between RA or another PNG trip I went with a last-minute special on MV Febrina... leave very soon :cool:

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom