Questions about J valves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Some Scubapro valves have a user changeable reserve and a built in stem pressure gauge.

Scubapro had their DCAR valve as well (Depth Compensating Automatic Reserve) that increased the reserve pressure as depth increased by utilizing ambient pressure.

J-valves intended for use with doubles and singles often had different pressures (250-300 psi versus 500-600 psi) to provide a bit more reserve for deeper diving.

Fianally, I will have to fab a lever wire out of stainless unless I can find one somewhere. That shouldn't be too hard. I guess I will have to fab some kind of guide rings that will go on the tank bands too. Ant suggestions. I've seen at the bottom of those wires there is a loop or ring to grab onto.

I knew I had seen some somewhere and I found these on ebay.

J Pull ROD Scuba Tank Reserve Double Hose Era Vintage - (eBay.ca item 110360735207 end time 06-Apr-09 03:24:11 EDT)

But with your skill in fabrication I don't think you will buy at these prices.

Edit: I thought I had at least 2 US divers J valves with HP port.
Turns out I have a couple USD "K" valves with HP ports
And after looking into it, I believe USD never made a J with HP ports.
Sorry,Back to the thread.
PORBEAGLE

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom