Questions About Mares Flat Brass Gauges

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ltstanfo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have run across a set of Mares "Flat Brass" gauges (depth and PSIG) and am considering using them with my first generation Mares Abyss regulator. The gauges and console appear to be in excellent cosmetic condition (I have not yet been able to do a tank check). I have never seen this set of gauges before and am wondering:

1. Are they still available new?
2. When were they manufactured?
3. Is there a compass option available (add on?)
4. Is there any servicing required (calibration, etc...) or are they sealed?

Thank you,
Ltstanfo

We no longer sell these, if you can send me a picture, I can check as to when they were made. Would have to see them to know if compass add on was made, but either way we would no longer have it. Again, would need to see them to determine about servicing.

Let me know,

Phil

Thanks for the info Phil. I'll try and stop by the store selling these used gauges today and get a photo.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Ltstanfo:
Thanks for the info Phil. I'll try and stop by the store selling these used gauges today and get a photo.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Hey Lee, since you said you were going to stop by the store today and look at them, made me curious..... where's a Mares dealer in North Alabama? (I didn't think there were any dealers there anymore).

Mike,

There are no Mares dealers in Alabama at all. The last time we had one in our area was the old Aqualine SCUBA Center on Memorial Parkway / Whitesburg. I found the console at a pawn shop of all places. I have since purchased it. :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

I just wanted to thank Phil for his help. As always, his info was quick, concise and thorough. :)

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Glad I could help, I am not great with geography, but try these:

Deep South Divers of Alabama
251-414-5225
7131-B Airport Blvd.
Mobile AL 36619

SCUBA VENTURES INC.
205-930-1777
2000 16TH AVE SOUTH
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205

TIDEPOOL DIVING
205-559-7248
1330 COUNTY HWY 37
HAYDEN, AL 35079

I can help out here just a little bit, the flat brass was sold 96-99 or so. Overall the units are very solid made in Italy gauges.

There were units that Mares had on clearance as late as 2002 so they may not be that old.

Tidepool will be the closest dealer.

Phil Mintz:
Glad I could help, I am not great with geography, but try these:

Deep South Divers of Alabama
251-414-5225
7131-B Airport Blvd.
Mobile AL 36619

SCUBA VENTURES INC.
205-930-1777
2000 16TH AVE SOUTH
BIRMINGHAM, AL 35205

TIDEPOOL DIVING
205-559-7248
1330 COUNTY HWY 37
HAYDEN, AL 35079

Phil,

Thanks for the dealer info. I think (but am not sure) that the Mobile store you list is no longer in business. There only SCUBA shop in Mobile that I am aware of is Gulf Coast Divers and they carry mostly ScubaPro.

I am unfamiliar with either the Birmingham and Hayden stores. I'll try to check them out sometime. Oh yeah the Mares website may not be up to date for AL:

Alabama

There is a listing for SSDS in Birmingham but the website does not appear to work.

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Thanks for the info!

Regards,
Ltstanfo

Back
Top Bottom