Questions on Turkey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DuTemplar

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Good afternoon,

My wife is Turkish, from Istanbul. I'm an American living in Qatar. I'm looking for a GOOD spot within striking distance if Istanbul (a day's drive?) with decent diving for the first two weeks of June. She'll be relaxing beach/ poolside while I go underwater. Visa, no problem.

I have military dive experience, and on the recreational side AOW.

Looking to learn a bit, as well as just practice. I would have minimal gear with me, and be looking to use rental equipment (if I like what they have, I may just take it home with me!)

Wreck, wreck penetration,sidemount, nitrox, trimix would be good. A few different and interesting dive sites would be good, since I'm looking at spending a week or more there... Bonus points for interesting ships, or a submerged plane in good enough shape I can "parachute" from :)

Looking at Cyprus as an option also. The Zenobia yesterday was very nice, although very very very cold compared to Qatar, Zanzibar, and Thailand.

Hi DuTemplar,
The closest point to Istanbul is Çanakkale which is full of wrecks from WWI. Ayvalık can be an alternative with its close distance to Istanbul. However I strongly recommend you to dive in Kaş since its the best in Turkey. You can check the dive spots in Kaş from my website: Dive Trips – Dive With Leni
Wish you good dives and moments in Turkey...

For anyone else searching...

Dove in Kas and Fethiye. Kas has good artificial and natural wrecks, rock formations and turtles. Not a lot of fish. Fethiye had a lot more fish, less turtles, and a lot of natural formations and passthroughs. Both spots were fun, not expensive, and had a good time.

Back
Top Bottom