Quick dry dive boots

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tna9001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hello All,

I'm searching for a dive boot that is quick-drying. I want to be able to wear the boots around between dives. I'm diving in warm water and using the Seawing Nova fin. Is there a dive boot that has a sole like a water shoe, with drain holes in the bottom?

Why not use watershoes with the features you are looking for? There is no requirement to wear neoprene booties.

Or how about a pair of light weight quick draining running shoes like the Arc'Teryx Norvan SL or the Salomon Speed Cross.

These are designed to drain and dry quickly, provide protection for your feet and can definitely dub as walk around footwear and you wont look like a goober wearing dive booties when not diving.

-Z

Deleted

Maybe a pair of chuck taylors or similar canvas shoes. Even with shoes that drain well, seems like wet feet/shoes wouldn’t be too comfy. I use the Poseidon soft boots for warm water diving and wear some neoprene socks under them, but that may not be as quick drying as you need. I have a friend that does his warm water diving in crocs.

Why not use watershoes with the features you are looking for? There is no requirement to wear neoprene booties.

Or how about a pair of light weight quick draining running shoes like the Arc'Teryx Norvan SL or the Salomon Speed Cross.

These are designed to drain and dry quickly, provide protection for your feet and can definitely dub as walk around footwear and you wont look like a goober wearing dive booties when not diving.

-Z
That's a great idea, thank you!

That's a great idea, thank you!

Just be sure to rinse whatever you use with freshwater really well after diving or your footwear will "announce" your arrival everywhere you go.

-Z

I wonder how special operations people deal with this issue.

I don’t see them taking off their boots in the middle of an operation to drain them. Do they wear tactical boots that have drain holes??

I don’t see them taking off their boots in the middle of an operation to drain them. Do they wear tactical boots that have drain holes??
Maybe a type of rock boot?

altama-coyote-otb-maritime-assault-mid-boot-333003__53531.1601529658.220.290.jpg

Altama Maritime Assaults:
Altama Boots | Altama OTB | Tactical Boots

There are low and mid versions. One big thing to note for some folks: they are available in wide sizes.

I have a set for my drysuit and just got a set for warm-water dive travel.

LAPG puts them on sale every few months for about 25% off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom